Monday, June 7, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Kaitlyn

GET READY FOR A LOT OF PICTURES
WOW! Exactly 1 year ago I was in the hospital with a newborn. Now look at her...This chair is one of her many presents. We had a huge party today; a polka dot party with polka dots EVERYWHERE on EVERYTHING. We first started out with a polka dot craft gluing fuzzy balls all over their little foam gift baskets.which turned out really cute! Then we all went swimming which I have no pictures of because I was in the pool as well. Kaitlyn woke up from her nap and we opened presents next. She got A LOT! Thanks to all of you. It was really thoughtful!!! We were so glad that Cadence and Christy (our good friends and neighbors) were able to come. Logan loves playing with little Cadence!After that it was dinner time. Without Trevor, I don't know what I would have done. He pretty much made the whole meal. I stepped in to help but it was basically finished. What a relief that was because that is not my forte!

Last but for surely not least, we had our wonderful cupcakes while Kaitlyn ate her ladybug cake that turned out AWESOME! Thanks Christy :) Unfortunately the cake did melt some when I was transferring it in the car but you can't really tell in the pictureWhen we put the cake in front of her, she immediately pushed one of the polka dots. I think she thought it was a button. She continued to push them throughout the whole time it was in front of her. It was kind of funny! She loved the icing but I had to help her get to the cake. After that, she was a MESS! She loved it.you can't really see it in the picture but in the front part of her diaper was a good inch of cake. Obviously bath time was next for her. Here are a few random pictures of the party I just had to put on because they were so cute...Waiting for dinnerWaiting for dessertIt's unreal that she is 1! She has been a little more difficult then Logan ever was at that age but she is now growing out of it and becoming more pleasant everyday. This is her first birthday... so many more to come. We look forward to watching her develop her own personality and characteristics as this next year goes by. I could not imagine life without her. To our sweet little girl: WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She got into it! :) I am sooo glad! We had a blast at the party as well. Sorry we had to cut out early. I was starting to swell and got EXTREMELY tired after getting out of the pool. I had to call my mom on the way home to have someone talk to me to keep me awake. Needless to say Cadence passed out early last night too. I think the heat zapped us but we had an absolute blast! Cadence can't stop talking about the party. See yall Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness she is so dang cute! I love the polka dot theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like I'm a little late in posting this comment, but I can't resist that cute girl!! So glad Parker has her to hang out with. We love you Kait!!

    ReplyDelete